Bridging the continents of Europe and Asia, Turkey serves as an intersection. Due to the importance attached to healthcare, Turkey is visited by approximately 400.000 foreign patients annually.
Thanks to joint efforts exerted by healthcare centers and medical tourism agencies, this figure increases every day and Turkey overachieves its 2023 healthcare targets. The Ministry of Health introduced a comprehensive health reform program aiming to make the majority of the population healthier.
Being in the accession period for the EU, Turkey invests greatly in healthcare, technology, and education. Turkey is among the countries with the highest number of hospitals globally.
With 39 million visitors annually, Turkey ranked sixth among the most-visited countries. Turkey has taken great steps in tourism and is developing her tourism capacity and quality each year. Turkey is world-renowned for hotel management.
With her welcoming, warm and quality services and world-class facilities, Turkey is the choice of millions of tourists each year. Turkey is the new favorite health tourism destination with many investments introduced in the fields of hotel management and healthcare.
Did You Know?
- In Turkey, there are 170 healthcare facilities with JCI Joint Commission compliance certificates.
- There are 60 medical faculties with international recognition in Turkey.
- Since she is a European Union candidate state, Turkey offers healthcare services at European standards.
- Large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson and Johnson and Astra Zeneca have laboratories and production facilities in Turkey.
- The Turkish Red Crescent is a credible blood bank with JCI compliance certificate.
- A majority of thermal facilities in Turkey is inspected by the Ministry of Health and offer 5-star-hotel-quality services.
- Some thermal hotels provide physical therapy services as well.
- There are ongoing efforts to establish healthcare villages in touristic regions, where thermal hotels are located, with hospitals and private physical therapy centers.
- Pamukkale Hierapolis Ancient City, which was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a thermal region in the Denizli province.
Your Health Is In Good Hands
Turkey is a unique intersection connecting Europe and Asia.
With a highly developed airline network, Turkey can be reached from almost anywhere in the world. Starting from the moment you set foot at the airport in Turkey you will be able to enjoy many services we offer such as shuttle services, treatment in fully equipped hospitals, accommodation, interpretation, and social trips.
London – Ankara 5 hours
Düsseldorf – Ankara 3 hours 25 minutes
Amsterdam – Ankara 4 hours 20 minutes
Tirana – Ankara 2 hours 40 minutes
Sofia – Ankara 2 hours 40 minutes
Moscow – Ankara 4 hours
Baku – Ankara 4 hours 15 minutes
Casablanca – Ankara 5 hours 40 minutes
Mecca – Ankara 3 hours 40 minutes
Tunis – Ankara 3 hours 45 minutes
Amman – Ankara 1 hours 55 minutes
Dubai – Ankara 6 hours 10 minutes
Sulaymaniyah – Ankara 6 hours 30 minutes
Tripoli – Ankara 4 hours 30 minutes
Kiev – Ankara 1 hours 55 minutes
In recent years, Turkey evolved into a leader in terms of medical advancements thanks to her worldwide known physicians.
Why Did the Number of Foreign Medical Tourists Increased?
- Short flight time
- Affordable treatment options
- Qualified staff
- Quality services
- Modern medical technology
- No waiting period
- Socio-cultural similarities
- Diversity of accompanying tourism activities
The Most Preferred Country for Health Tourism
Each year, more than 500.000 people visit Turkey from abroad to receive medical treatment.
The health of guests visiting Turkey for medical tourism is under the protection of the Turkish state.